This morning came word that the Biden administration will next try to tie funding for Ukraine to funding for Israel, Taiwan, and more fortifications along our bipartisan wall on the Mexican border. Good luck with that grouping — Ukraine funding fatigue is so strong at the moment that it was used to oust the Speaker of the House.
I had already been mulling a blog post on the question of why every politician, elected official, and talking head in Western media seems wedded to the concept of Israel right or wrong. Especially when it’s wrong.
This morning I saw a Scottish Twitter account ask the question more succinctly. One reply shared this visual of Western politicians paying homage at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem (Trump’s hair was not made for a yarmulke LOL).
The answers to this question are many, and what relative importance to assign each is up for debate. I’ll list them in rough order of importance as I see it, but you may have other thoughts.
- Israel was created as the U.S./NATO outpost in the oily region. Despite certain knowledge of the Holocaust unfolding (known by U.S. government but not the general public), it was allowed to proceed until the Soviet Army began liberating the concentration camps. The Holocaust was then tremendously useful as it underpinned the charge of antisemitism against anyone who dared to criticize Israel. Meanwhile, actual Nazis were whisked away to found NASA, head up NATO, and populate Canada and the U.S. midwest with staunch anticommunist immigrants.
- Israel was allowed to develop nuclear weapons, which is common knowledge but has never been admitted by either Israel or its enablers. PM Golda Meir reportedly jacked up President Nixon over sending war materiel he was withholding, threatening to nuke Russia and make it look like the U.S. did it. She got the ammunition.
- Meanwhile AIPAC got busy facilitating the funding of election campaigns and running free trips to Israel for newly minted congressmen and women. It lobbied hard on college campuses knowing that one’s brand loyalties are typically set in place rather early in life. A young man told me that the Jewish community he grew up in did not agree with AIPAC, however, they felt guilty for emigrating to New York instead of Israel after WW2. And, their guilt encouraged them to never criticize Israel, buying their silence about the ethnic cleansing of the Nakba and the following decades of violent occupation and apartheid. And allowing the perception that AIPAC spoke for them.
- Young Jews in the U.S. were raised to defend Israel right or wrong. Groups like Birthright also worked the demographic angle, taking teenagers on trips to Israel to socialize with IDF soldiers. See the recent documentary ISRAELISM for more details on this.
- We’ve not seen the black book of Jeffrey Epstein’s contacts which was used in his procuress Ghislaine Maxwell’s trial. As many have speculated, the federal government isn’t going to release the names in Epstein’s black book because they are the names in the book. What we have instead is some fierce investigative reporting by Whitney Webb and the artifact that is the flight log for the Lolita Express. Flying outside the U.S. on a plane used to traffic underage girls for sex is bad for a powerful man’s reputation, so why would Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Prince Andrew, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., and Bill Gates (among many others) do so? I can’t answer that but Melinda Gates had some choice things to say about her ex-husband’s participation.
Webb reported that a mansion in Manhattan heavily equipped with surveillance devices was gifted to Epstein before the island scheme came into play. It’s also known that Maxwell’s father, Robert, and other family members worked with Mossad, Israel’s intelligence agency.
- Finally, this list would be incomplete without mentioning narrative control. In our day this looks like inflammatory claims of beheading babies both quickly debunked and repeated endlessly even after debunking. After President Biden claimed to have seen the pictures (his staff says no, he didn’t see any such pictures). Similar playbook to the false claim that Iraq’s army threw babies out of incubators in Kuwait. Also, calling it Israel’s 9/11 sure sounds useful for tightening up internal security.
It also looks like governments, including the unelected EU, leaning hard on social media companies to toe the pro-Israel line as the Al Aqsa Flood seriously challenges Israel’s control. And several governments including in France, Germany, and Australia began banning rallies in support of Palestine .
Good luck with that, too.
New subscribers, welcome! Maybe some of you have signed up for my talk on Full Spectrum Dominance: What is it really?
To register you can use this link.
|Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET|
Join the World BEYOND War Florida Chapter & Veterans For Peace Chapter 136 – The Villages, FL for this webinar featuring activist & organizer Lisa Savage to discuss the U.S. military’s policy of Full Spectrum Dominance.
When Full Spectrum Dominance (FSD) became U.S. Pentagon policy in 1997, we may have disagreed with their goals but we thought we knew what they meant: military power projection over 100% of the land, oceans, and air of the planet we all share, and outer space as well. But before long the quest for Full Spectrum Dominance would be expanded to include cyberspace.
With the advent of the 21st century, Pentagon ambitions have been revealed as even more pervasive and chilling. It’s now clear that Full Spectrum Dominance extends to communications as a quest for Electromagnetic Spectrum Superiority, to information control, and narrative control. FSD includes the oceans and outer space where low earth orbit is rapidly filling with tens of thousands of U.S. satellites intended to crowd other nations out to wage war in and from space.